[OZAPRS] Any suggestions for using Kantronics KPC3+ as APRSdigi?

Richard Hoskin rhoskin at bigpond.com
Mon Oct 23 09:08:32 EST 2006

---- Andrew McDade <amcdade at iprimus.com.au> wrote:
> Gday all,
>
> > You may want to consider the NEWn-n routine as well (check out Bob's
> > website
> > for further details WB4APR) although traffic levels may not be an
issue
> > for
> > this but its better to think of the bigger picture!
>
> Im not sure that I fully understand whats going on. I thought we were
all
> going to standardise on the European version of the newn-n paradgim ,
not
> the American version ?
> Anyway its my firm belief that whichever way we go, it needs to be
> standardised Nationally and the chosen system needs to be well promoted
> throughout the AR community.
>
> Regards .. Andrew .. VK5EX

We have started installing the European version of the newN-n paradigm in
VK3 with the frequency change project. We have retained WIDE though for
the time being, this for compatibility between the 2 networks. Once all
the digis/IGates have been changed we may drop WIDE and use WIDE1-1.

I agree we need to standardise Nationally on the settings.
I only hope the standard doesnt change.

4 digis have been coverted, only 17 to go.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK