[OZAPRS] Does such a device exist?

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Tue Oct 3 17:54:32 EST 2006

Hi Everybody,
I was doing some thinking today and was trying to find out on the 'net
if a APRS device with "canned message" and external inputs had been
"invented". I couldn't find anything specific so I thought I would ask
here.
I'm looking for something like the TinyTrak3, but with input/s that when
taken low (or high) will transmit a pre formed message to another
station. Maybe even change the beacon text depending on various inputs.
I was thinking of implementing it as a type of security/monitoring
device for remote repeater sites to monitor doors, battery levels, temp
alarms, etc.
Any ideas?
Michael.
VK5ZEA