[OZAPRS] [VK_APRS_Admin] Re: Changes to Wagga Igate/RF Setup

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Sun Oct 1 23:42:28 EST 2006

Hi Geoff,

On 01/10/2006, at 10:36 PM, Geoff VK2XJG wrote:

> The Wagga situation seems much better now - we have adjusted the
> setup so
> that Wagga is serviced by the VK1 I-Gate as far as external posits are
> concerned - VK1KCM-9 gates VK2 and VK3 to RF, and is digi'd into
> Wagga via
> VK1RGI-1 and VK2CSU-1. The saturation was caused by the Wagga I-Gate
> duplicating this traffic to RF, which no longer ocurrs.

Technically I'm only backing up Peter, vk1npw however until his gate
comes back online mine will keep going.

Currently I'm gating vk1, vk2 and vk3, and using TRACE2-2.   Mainly
to give local RF only stations something interesting on their screens.

  I'm happy to change this, especially if it's causing problems, or
if Wagga want to run their own gate!

> The Wagga I-Gate is now a Rx Only system to allow local posits to
> enter
> back into the network, however this is ONLY until the VK1 guys
> remove the
> Wagga budlists from 1RGI so that the Wagga traffic can make it back
> into
> the Canberra I-Gate, or the new digi at Mt Galore is installed
> allowing

I'll see who we have to beat up to make that happen. <grin>

> Wagga traffic to flow back into the VK3 Igate network.   Once
> either of
> these two conditions are satisfied, the Wagga I-Gate will be
> switched OFF
> totally :-)

Um, is that a good or a bad thing?  I don't want to stuff up anybody
else having a go with a gateway.

Carl.