[OZAPRS] [VK_APRS_Admin] Re: Changes to Wagga Igate/RF Setup

Geoff VK2XJG vk2xjg at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 1 22:36:24 EST 2006

I don't think anything ever got off the ground in getting a digi up and
running between Gundagai and Goulburn.  We were having a chat with the
Goulburn club and they were interested in setting up a WIDE, but nothing
happened and the people who were interested moved on.

I think VK1RGI-1 has much better Tx than Rx coverage.....

The Wagga situation seems much better now - we have adjusted the setup so
that Wagga is serviced by the VK1 I-Gate as far as external posits are
concerned - VK1KCM-9 gates VK2 and VK3 to RF, and is digi'd into Wagga via
VK1RGI-1 and VK2CSU-1. The saturation was caused by the Wagga I-Gate
duplicating this traffic to RF, which no longer ocurrs.

The Wagga I-Gate is now a Rx Only system to allow local posits to enter
back into the network, however this is ONLY until the VK1 guys remove the
Wagga budlists from 1RGI so that the Wagga traffic can make it back into
the Canberra I-Gate, or the new digi at Mt Galore is installed allowing
Wagga traffic to flow back into the VK3 Igate network.   Once either of
these two conditions are satisfied, the Wagga I-Gate will be switched OFF
totally :-)

Geoff  VK2XJG