[OZAPRS] VK3 Draft Guide for APRS Parameters

Richard Hoskin rhoskin at bigpond.com
Fri Nov 10 10:26:42 EST 2006

Gday,

In responce to Chris's email below this is what we propose for VK3.

In VK3 the paths will stay as is until the frequency change project is
completed then we may go along these lines;

1) Mobiles set path to APRS v WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

2) Home stations set path to APRS v 'Closest Digi',WIDE2-1

3) Home stations are NOT to configure their systems to be Fill-in WIDE1-1
Digipeaters (old Relay only digis ) unless detailed RF co-channel
interference analysis is first completed and the Fill-in WIDE1-1 digi
installation is appropriately co-ordinated and configured.

4) Mobile Beacon rate set to 2 minutes

5) Weather station Beacon rate set to 15 minutes

6) All other Beacon rates set to 30 minutes.

7) Agree that the ZONEn-n be left up to the region to decide. In our case
we
would keep the current system and not use the other implementation of
ZONEn-n. We would keep ZONEn-n in reserve.

Notes;
Our network already supports WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 or WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 as
a non-traceable path.

The idea to limit the number of digi hops in an area depends on the local
area and it's network configuration. In VK3 we have a good network with
well estabilshed IGates so 2 hops works well. In other areas such as VK7
or VK4 this may not be the case and they may need 3 or  4 hops.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK

ZONEn-n