[OZAPRS] European v USnewparadigmand pathlimiting +confusion....

Andrew McDade amcdade at iprimus.com.au
Tue Nov 7 20:14:01 EST 2006

Gday Chris and all.,

> I really think it's a bad idea to get all home users to configure their
> home
> stations as a WIDE digi.

Your damn right its a bad idea ! ! !  But there are always those special
circumstances. I would suggest that WIDE1-1 ( in effect the old RELAY )
would only be used in truley exceptional cases ie. fringe area home
digipeater , emergency, temporary portable, special event type situations
and WOULDNT form part of the "general users  home station / mobile station

setup instructions"

Regards .. Andrew .. VK5EX