[OZAPRS] European v USnewparadigmand pathlimiting +confusion....

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Nov 8 06:33:11 EST 2006

> I really think it's a bad idea to get all home users to
> configure their home stations as a WIDE digi.  I don't
> see how it is any different to suggesting
> that home stations be configured as WIDE digis under the old
paradigm.

True, I assume you are talking aobut WIDE1-1 digis.

And you are correct.  HOME STATIONS should NEVER be WIDE's or
RELAYS or any other kind of digipeater *unless* they are in a
position that surrounding mobiles cannot be otherwise heard by
the area digipeater.  Then those home stations should set their
ALIAS to WIDE1-1 (just like they used to be RELAY's)...

You are correct that we don't want too many HOME staitons as
WIDE1-1 fill-in digis.

But remember, they also do not digipeat anything else except the
first hop from a mobile, so unless there are lots of them close
together, it is not that big a problem...

Bob, WB4APR