[OZAPRS] European v USnewparadigmand pathlimiting +confusion....

Chris Hill chris.hill at crhtelnet.com.au
Tue Nov 7 17:44:55 EST 2006

Hi Andrew,

Is there an advantage to having a path of "WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2", instead of
"WIDE3-3"?

I would have thought that the slightly shorter packet (approx 10% shorter)
would be preferable, as it has a slightly better chance of being decoded
error free at the first digipeater (and hence accessing the network).

Am I missing something, or is "APRS v WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2" a carry over from
the old paradigm?

Regards,

Chris
vk6kch