[OZAPRS] European v USnewparadigmand pathlimiting +confusion....

Ron Perry ronk at sunlinux.com.au
Tue Nov 7 19:41:06 EST 2006

Hi All,
Just back from our ride to the Vic Alps. My, hasn't this list been
busy.  :-)

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 18:40 +1100, Dion Bramich wrote:
> Roaming mobiles would use WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 or whatever.  Mobiles not
> expecting to cross zone boundaries would use ZONE1-1,ZONE2-2 thus
> eliminating interzone QRM.

Just a couple of thoughts.
The idea of using ZONE1-1, ZONE2-2 for as well as WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 just
creates more confusion and complexity for the users.  Are we not trying
to simplify it so, at least for mobiles, one standard path works?

There would still be interzone QRM, even if it was not digipeated, as
the packet would still be heard by the neighbouring digipeater(s).

Regards,
Ron
vk3ecv/vk3wrm

> Dion.
>

> On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:35:01 +1100, Richard Hoskin <vk3jfk at amsat.org>
> wrote:
>

> > Dion,
> >
> > If you where using any ZONEn-n / SSn-n path you would need to change
it
> > when
> > you crossed Zone boundaries. This does not apply to the VK3 Zone
system
> > as
> > it is transparent to users.
> >
> > Cheers