[OZAPRS] European v USnewparadigmand pathlimiting +confusion....

Andrew McDade amcdade at iprimus.com.au
Fri Nov 3 09:47:53 EST 2006

Gday all,

It appears that bob's comments lean towards a STATEn-n configuration. I
believe that here in Australia, given the location of our major centers
and
generally, the large distances between them, setting up regional ZONEn-n
configuration, as previously mentioned,  may be the better option. What do

others think ? .. Remembering that we will still maintain the generic
Traceable WIDE3-3 and Traceable WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 configuration as the
primary
configuration Nation Wide. Now on the matter of the Traceable WIDEn-n
configuration, what is the best compromise that will suit all of Australia

?. There is talk about some areas limiting max hops to 2 , while in other
areas max hops should be 3. What config best suits all areas of Australia,

given that the ideal scenario will be to settle on one or the other ?

In south Australia, Adelaide region, max hops of 2 would probably suit
users
95% of the time. Is this good enough ? Whereas max hops of 3 would suit
users 100% of the time. How much of an impact on our networks will there
be
by maintaining the current pseudo standard of max 3 hops ?

Regards .. Andrew . .VK5EX