[OZAPRS] FAA reinvents APRS!

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat May 6 21:47:47 EST 2006

ADSB

1030 MHz TX from GND
1090 MHz TX from AC

Uses existing transponder in aircraft, and hooks up to GPS.

Send rates are x2 position reports per second.

Aircraft get a skin code.

Omni ground stations are going in.

Aim is to have aircraft to be able to see each other a in cockpit screen.

Transmission is pulsed.

Talking wide bandwidth.

Cheers Andrew VK4TEC

Andrew Rich