[OZAPRS] AX25 under Debian sending non APRS packets

Craig Turner craig at craigturner.id.au
Mon May 1 17:59:55 EST 2006

Hi Hamish,

Ok, thanks. Is it possible to grant access to ax0 to another user without
granting other root priveleges? I understand how to do that with normal
files and devices, using chown etc, but couldn't figure out how to do it
for ax0. Or will I have to run xastir as root?

It was Samba causing the original problem, which is Ok, because I am only
setting up and testing on this computer, and will be moving my ax25 set up
to a dedicated computer that doesn't need samba, so I've disabled samba
for the moment. I tried 'interfaces= eth0' but it still broadcast over ax0
even after a restart. I didn't put any effort into resolving it any
further as I don't need samba on the machine that I will be using as my
aprs server.

Thanks for all the advice to date, there was a lot of it, and all of it
helpful.

Regards
Craig
VK1HCT