[OZAPRS] AX25 under Debian sending non APRS packets

Tony Hunt wavetel at bigpond.com
Mon May 1 03:42:05 EST 2006

Craig .. I am no expert in this area but here are a few things to look
at perhaps..

ifconfig will reveal all the ax25 and ethernet ports on your system with
their appropriate names and info
lsdev should reveal devices and there names

Have a look in your Samba config. In the Global section there should
hopefully be a line I am informed
interfaces = lan0

Mine reads as lan0 as thats the name of the Lan port on here but yours
might be eth0. Check its name with ifconfig
 If you dont have this line in there then Samba will go out on all ports
including ax25 ones .. This is what I am told. So I stuck the
appropriate line in my samba.conf to cover that.

I beleive that you can list multiple interfaces on this line in Samba
config by separating them with commas.

Tony Hunt VK5AH  wavetel at bigpond.com