[OZAPRS] F calls

Andrew McDade amcdade at iprimus.com.au
Fri Jun 30 20:23:16 EST 2006

Gday all,

Tony noticed a VK3F??? come through the aprs network today. From my
understanding ( brief look at the current regs ) that the new foundation
licenses dont allow for any data type operation. Basically telephony and
aural cw on the various allowable bands. I just want to make sure that Im
clear on this point as there has been local discussions about 'F' calls
running aprs trackers etc... Aside from the implications of using 10 digit

callsigns ( AX25 spec ??  and aprs spec ?? ) in software etc. this point
is
probably mute anyway going by the regulations.

Any comments ???

Regards .. Andrew .. VK5EX