[OZAPRS] UI view and OziExplorer

Andrew McDade amcdade at iprimus.com.au
Sun Jun 25 09:55:51 EST 2006

Gday Norm,

I use a program called OziAprs , which is/was an earlier development of
Darryl's NetAprs application that Michael has alluded to. It does most
things that NetAprs does but in a more efficient manner. For starters you
don't have to use Microsoft's bloatware Net Framework, Which is a real
slug
on all but the fastest machines.  Its simpler and takes up far less of the

pc's recourses.

If you are only interested in tracking yourself while mobile, you can use
UiView's GPS output setup in the coms menu. Then use a virtual com port
program .. there are a few about on the net. Use this to send GPS data
from
uiview to oziexplorer. This is great if you want to run uiview and
oziexplorer at the same time on a laptop whilst mobile and have the
accurate
tracking and mapping capabilities that oziexplorer provides along with
aprs
capabilities.

regards . Andrew .. VK5EX