[OZAPRS] Maxon Radios - Programming.

Steve Clarke saclarke at swiftdsl.com.au
Fri Jun 23 12:18:18 EST 2006

Hi All,

I must admit I haven't tralled through all the message Digests to see if I

missed anything, but I haven't seen any discussion on the programming of
these babies (DM2550). I bought a few of these last year, and sucessfully
alligned then, although as others seem to have found, their sensetivity
still leaves a little to be desired at 145MHz.

The question I have is whether anyone had successfully programmed them
without the use of an SP2000 handheld (which I don't have)?

I have mixed snippets of information on this topic.
1. To me the service manual suggests the data lines are sychronous in
nature, I have seen a schematic of a programmer that hooks to the non-data

(TXD-RXD) lines of a serial port, which I suspect is to form a
'sychronous'
interface.
2. You aparrently use the SP2000 to get the radio into program mode. I
don't
know whether this is only if you intend to use some type of asynchronous
interface?

I've unfortunately been working away from home for some time, and am on
the
verge of returning and am most eager to get this little project up off the

ground. I would love to hear from anyone who has had some success with
programming them.

Steve
VK2TLR
saclarke at tpg.com.au