[OZAPRS] Using Maxon Radios for RX

Craig Turner craig at craigturner.id.au
Tue Jun 20 20:45:21 EST 2006

Hi,

With all these maxon radios being bought, is anyone using them for RX as
well as TX? I am trying to set up a TNC-X with the X-Track option in my
car. At the moment its set up in my lounge room, with an antenna located
outside on the roof. I'm in an area that gets good coverage from
VK1RGI-1 on Mt Ginni in the ACT.

Anyway, my TX seems to work fine.

I have the input GND connected to Pin 4 on the Maxon, and the TNC-X rx
line connected to Pin 2 (which is labelled in the maxon service manual
as 'Muted Demodulation Output) I have tried also pin 9, which is
labelled (Data out low level filtered output), which doesn't seem to
work either.

I have limited sucess by using a HT and a TT about 10 feet away from the
antenna, and it works, but not much further than that.

Anyone got any advice?

Regards
Craig
VK1HCT