[OZAPRS] VK3SB-1 in multiple positions on UiView

Peter Westley vk3dxd at wia.org.au
Mon Jul 17 21:57:25 EST 2006

Hi All,

Apologies to all, looks like I was the culprit for moving VK3SB-1 all
over the map.

I think it's fixed now. Please let me know if you believe otherwise.

FWIW, the tnc command MCOM works differently on the KPC3 than it does on
the PK-232. The KPC3 was inserting a <UI> flag in the stream where the
PK-232 didn't.

e.g: (from before I turned MCOM off):
VK3SB-1>APJI23,INETZ0:
<UI>:}VK2TDG-1>APD214,TCPIP,VK3SB-1*:!3519.05S/14905.75EIaprsd PineGap
APRS Server Canberra, OC

vs the same packet at a later time (after turning MCOM off)
VK3SB-1>APJI23,INETZ0:}VK2TDG-1>APD214,TCPIP,VK3SB-1*:!3519.05S/14905.75EI
aprsd
PineGap APRS Server Canberra, OC

I guess APRSD thought part of the former was a valid posit from VK3SB-1.

Peter

Richard Hoskin wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> It looks as if your station with the new TNC is causing VK3SB to jump
around the state.

> While you were 'off air' yesterday 3SB stood still but this afternoon
he's back travelling around the state at lighting speed. :)

> Cheers
> Richard
> VK3JFK
>
> ---- Peter Westley <vk3dxd at wia.org.au> wrote:
>
>> Gents,
>>
>> I installed a KPC3 in place of the pk-232 I was using for the vk3dxd-2
>> IGate.
>>
>> Not being familiar with the KPC I wondered if something might have
>> changed that I wasn't aware of because I noticed the vk3sb-1 posits all

>> over the place as well.
>>
>> I don't _think_ this would be a cause but have temporarily disabled (as

>> of last night) the feed into the internet just in case.
>> Is it still happening? - I think so, but I'll leave it off until the
>> problem is resolved.
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> --
>> Peter Westley
>> RF: vk3dxd
>> GPS: 37.46.11S 145.16.17E
>> AIM: vk3dxd
>> Y!: vk3dxd
>> MSN: vk3dxd at gmail.com
>>

>> Richard Hoskin wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dave,
>>>
>>> A few of us noticed the same thing Saturday morning. It's being
>>> investigated.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Richard
>>> VK3JFK