[OZAPRS] HF gateway in Kimberley region...

Bob Lockley rlockley at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 13 23:02:34 EST 2006

Greetings all,
Still getting into gear here so not on the map yet, but have family in
Fitzroy Crossing and so expect to be paying at least one visit later this
year and possibly touring for 4 - 6 weeks next year...
What if I was to set up an "unattended" 30m Rx - TNC - Computer - (Modem)
into their landline (I gather they are expecting broadband soon)?
I have a spare IC735 which has been well behaved, several TNC's to choose
from and iHardware galore...
Will be too late for Mike Zwingl oe3mzc's trip, but could be useful to
gauge
coverage. I have yet to study all the writings on HF APRS so it won't
happen
over night, but unless there is a fatal flaw in the plan I am happy to
work
on it.
Need to get family permission too of course (they are IT capable) but not
hams.
Suggestions & comments welcome.
73, 77, 88,
Bob VK6KW.