[OZAPRS] VK HF Gates

Marc Robinson marc at pca.cc
Thu Jul 13 08:48:14 EST 2006

Good morning all, I sent this message last night but with the
attachments it blocked the pipe. My apologies. If anyone wants the
frequency list or Tracker manual, please contact me directly.
73 Marc VK2BUA
--------------

Hello All,

I am new to this net and look forward to reading everyone's
contributions so that I become familiar with APRS activity. Until 4
years ago a had a full time HF radio comms business. I'm now
semi-retired and spend 24/7 supporting yachties and bush bashers
communicate via SailMail and Winlink as the regional distributor for
SCS Pactor-3 modems used in these services.

I have attached a Region 3 Frequency plan showing current Winlink
station frequencies. Perhaps you guys would be kind enough to look
this over and confirm if I have shown the APRS frequencies correctly.
The aim of the plan is for Winlink stations to avoid APRS, Packet,
Red Cross and local voice net frequencies.

SCS have just announce a new product that may interest you all. This
is a 100gm 82 x 22 x 102mm mini "Tracker" Packet modem designed
specifically for APRS. A copy of the manual is attached.

I have just received a small quantity to test the interest that any
of you may have.

Regards, Marc