[OZAPRS] VK3MY-4 H.F. APRS Station

Strictly Ham Pty Ltd vk3my at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jul 8 18:00:02 EST 2006

Hi Guys,
             i can tell you that recently VK3MY-4 had a radio change due
to my TS-850SAT failing on TX (VCO Problem) it has been replaced with a
TS-570S and is running at full power (100W). Nothing else in the system
has been changed, in fact i'm lucky to walk into the shack once every 6
months.

The slight off frequency people are talking about might be due to a slight
difference in VFO frequency, as you all know the VFO is constantly tunable
and my be slightly different on the 570S as apposed to the 850SAT.

For those that don't know i'm using a Kam XL and i can't remember the
tones being used, Richard VK3JFK might be better suited to answer that
question, things can't be to bad with the system as I and VK4DMI have
regular gate traffic with zero problems.

Just to prove my point have a look at this link

http://www.db0anf.de/hamweb/aprsdb/showdata/VK3MY-4/shdigiusage

Just my two cents worth.

Ross
VK3MY