[OZAPRS] FW: [Xastir] Stability? VK3MY-4

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Tue Jan 3 07:50:07 EST 2006

Andrew Rich - VK4TEC
vk4tec at tech-software.net <mailto:vk4tec at tech-software.net>
www.tech-software.net
Brisbane AUSTRALIA

-----Original Message-----
From: xastir-bounces at xastir.org [mailto:xastir-bounces at xastir.org]On
Behalf Of Curt, WE7U
Sent: Tuesday, 3 January 2006 6:34 AM
To: Dick C. Reichenbach
Cc: xastir at xastir.org
Subject: Re: [Xastir] Stability?

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005, Dick C. Reichenbach wrote:

> Caught Segfault! Xastir will terminate
> Last incoming line was:
Port1:VK3MY-4>APRS,WIDE2-1,qAo,VK3DXD-2:)30m-GATE
> 10:10:01

I have a couple of Xastir instances that segfaulted on nearly the
same packet:

    VK3MY-4>APRS,WIDE2-2,qAo,VK3DXD-2:)30m-GATE

I can't get the segfault to happen _every_ time that I suck in that
same packet from a log file, but if I leave an instance running for
a while and then bring in the log file, I can usually get a
segfault.  I even tried bringing in the track history from findu for
quite a while back before running that packet through, but that's
not reliable either.  Here's what I managed to capture during a
segfault:

----------------------
 decode_ax25_line: start parsing
VK3MY-4>APRS,WIDE2-2,qAo,VK3DXD-2:)30m-GATE
 c/p/i/o fr pt tp: Registering data 30m-GATE APRS,WIDE2-2,qAo,VK3DXD-2
VK3MY-4 F -1 0
 decode_info_field: c:30m-GATE p:APRS,WIDE2-2,qAo,VK3DXD-2 m: f:F
o:VK3MY-4
 decode_info_field: Past check
 data_add:
         type: 21
         call_sign: 30m-GATE
         path: APRS,WIDE2-2,qAo,VK3DXD-2
         data: NULL
         from: F
         port: -1
         origin: VK3MY-4
         third_party: 0
 Caught Segfault! Xastir will terminate
 Last incoming line was: VK3MY-4>APRS,WIDE2-2,qAo,VK3DXD-2:)30m-GATE
 11:17:45

It looks like the segfault may be happening in data_add, but that's
not for sure yet.

For those trying the core file debug method:  When I got the
segfault and was running with the Xastir "-t" option, the main
thread died but all of the interface threads kept going.  I had to
manually kill the other threads.  I ended up with no core file.