[OZAPRS] FYI - Re: Limited USER operations authorized.

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Wed Dec 27 13:39:17 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
--snip--
> LIMITED USER digipeating is authorized:
> 1) ATTENDED operations ONLY
> 2) Low Dutycyle only.  Say once per minute per station
> 3) NO DIGIPEATING VIA RAFT AT NIGHT
> 4) Use paths of UNPROTO APRS VIA ANDE-1 or VIA RAFT
> 5) or the other aliases ARISS, or APRSAT, or WIDE2-2
> *) UNATTENDED BEACONS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED.
--snip--

Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought the whole point of having spent

two years fighting the beurocracy of the old farts at the WIA to get my
ham
license is that I'm allowed to transmit anywhere and anyhow I like within
my
license conditions..  If someone's going to shove a satel9 in the sky that

uses part of my spectrum, they have to have the expectation that I'm
probably going to try and expand my hobby and use it (Personally I'm not..
hardly use APRS these days except when I'm heading away from suburbia, so
my
folks can see where I am..  - all the fighting and calling of names over
who
was using what paths kinda put the final nail in the coffin for my
everyday
usage.... My rigs are just for emergency use when I'm in the middle of
nowhere these days...)

If you don't want your satel9 being used at certain times, should not
those
restrictions be built into the satel9, rather than trying to impose your
own
wants on those of us who've worked damned hard to get our licenses, and
the
right to use our licensed bands as we see fit, as part of our hobby?

Regards,

Damien