[OZAPRS] FYI - Re: Limited USER operations authorized.

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Wed Dec 27 11:21:30 EST 2006

FYI

Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 09:52:02 -0500 (EST)

From: "Bob Bruninga " <bruninga at usna.edu>

ANDE and RAFT seem OK.

I am further relaxing the restrictions from now through 1 January for
further experimentation.  But! It is very important that ALL user packets
CEASE on 2 January.

We must have a clear channel on 2 January to try to recover PCSAT-1 to
full
operation.  Once we have her recovered, we will then re-authorize USER
access to all three satellites.  They all operate on 145.825 simplex.

and have updated the user service agreement to reflect these changes:

LIMITED USER digipeating is authorized:

1) ATTENDED operations ONLY

2) Low Dutycyle only.  Say once per minute per station

3) NO DIGIPEATING VIA RAFT AT NIGHT

4) Use paths of UNPROTO APRS VIA ANDE-1 or VIA RAFT

5) or the other aliases ARISS, or APRSAT, or WIDE2-2

*) UNATTENDED BEACONS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED.

See: http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/ande/ANDEcontract.txt

Beam antennas appear to be required except during the middle of a high
overhead pass.  Please work on your receive capablity and measure your
success by how many packets you can RECEIVE, not by how many times you can
hit the bird.

Pace yourselves

Enjoy.

Bob Bruninga, Wb4APR