[OZAPRS] VK3 APRS News.....

Tony Hunt wavetel at bigpond.com
Sun Dec 24 19:13:15 EST 2006

Now this is interesting.. No backwards compatibility with RELAY or WIDE
anymore.. Not even on a short term basis.. So now Mildura is out on its
own or has all of the rest of the country changed over and I missed it
?? Maybee the rest of VK3 has just about changed over.. I thought there
was some backwards functionality with RELAY and WIDE still in VK3 ..
Perhaps not..

Just seems odd and at this time of the year when people are allready
travelling on the road.. Have you just shot yourself in the foot ?? No
prior discussion on this one..

Tony Hunt VK5AH

> Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 20:09:53 +1100
> From: "Richard Hoskin" <vk3jfk at amsat.org>
> Subject: [OZAPRS] VK3 APRS News.....
> To: "'VK / ZL APRS Users'" <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
>
> Gday,
>

> Here is the latest update from VK3 APRS News.
>

> VK3RON-1
>
> The Ouyen Digipeater VK3RON-1 has been reported as being off air.
>
> This will be investigated when time permits. In the mean time if anyone
is
> traveling in the local Ouyen area please keep an ear out for the digi.
Any