[OZAPRS] VK3 APRS News.....

Ron Perry ronk at sunlinux.com.au
Sun Dec 24 13:32:34 EST 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-24 at 11:33 +1100, Dion Bramich wrote:
> This is looking really promising...
>
> However, shouldn't the path for all home stations in the Mildura area be

> "VK2RBX-1,WIDE2-1"?  Using ",WIDE1-1" brings up fill-in digis
> unnecessarily, as fill-in's respond to "WIDE1-1"?  Using
> "VK2RBX-1,WIDE1-1" is like using "VK2RBX-1,RELAY" in the old setup.
Isn't
> this against the rules?

What fill-in digi's?   What rules?

> As implied by "Relay,Wide" you originally only want 2 hops, "RELAY"
being
> one and "WIDE" being the second?  "WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2" equates to a 3 hop
> path.  "WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1" is a direct drop-in for "RELAY,WIDE".

As 2RBX the path between 3RON is intermittent, the path will include
VK3RVL when installed.
> Speaking of rules, where is a document that I can refer to on "The new
VK
> Path Standard"?  Maybe I have missed something?

As Andrew VK5EX stated, [QUOTE] I don't think that we have yet come to a
final decision on a "New VK Path Standard"  and therefore I doubt
whether there is any documentation as yet
??

I believe that we really need to get total uniformity amongst all VK
aprs sysops before we formulate any documentation." [UNQUOTE]

And I agree.
There was discussion on this list towards this some time back but was it
was sidetracked by local issues...don't you remember?

> Which alias will be used for the flood path for zoning?

The answer to this question is the one you have disputed above?

But this is a local VK3/Mildura issue anyway..I don't wish to discuss
local issues on OZAPRS further.

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year to all.

Ron
vk3ecv

> Dion.
>

> On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 20:09:53 +1100, Richard Hoskin <vk3jfk at amsat.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Gday,
> >

> > Here is the latest update from VK3 APRS News.
> >

> > VK3RON-1
> >
> > The Ouyen Digipeater VK3RON-1 has been reported as being off air.
> >
> > This will be investigated when time permits. In the mean time if
anyone
> > is
> > traveling in the local Ouyen area please keep an ear out for the digi.

> > Any
> > reports would be helpful.
> >

> > Mildura area running new VK Path Standard.
> >
> > The Mildura Digi VK2RBX-1 is running the new-paradigm APRS path
standard.
> > The new path standard will be installed at VK3RON-1 in the near
future.

> > All mobiles in the Mildura area will need to change their path of
> > WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2
> >
> > All home stations will need to change their path to VK2RBX-1,WIDE1-1
> >

> > Relay,Wide is no longer supported in the Greater Mildura area.
> >

> > VK3 Frequency Change Project.
> >
> > A reminder that between the 27th to 29th of December all APRS Stations
in
> > the greater Melbourne and Geelong areas will need to change frequency
> > 145.175Mhz.
> >

> > Digipeaters VK3RMD-1 & VK3CV-1, IGates VK3SB-1 & VK3DXD-1, & HF Gate
> > VK3MY-4
> > will be changing frequency over these three days.
> >

> > All APRS stations that operate South of the Great Dividing Range
(below
> > Latitude 37.24.00S ) and East of Ballan (Lat 37.35.60S /Lon
144.14.14E),
> > and
> > use these services will be required to change frequency during the
dates
> > mentioned.
> >

> > A temporary TX IGate will be installed to service all areas remaining
on
> > 144.900Mhz.
> >

> > Stage Three of the project, the conversion of Western Victoria & South
> > Eastern South Australia to the National APRS frequency will occur in
the
> > new
> > year.
> >

> > This project was made possible by the generous donations received from

> > the
> > APRS community and Amateur Radio Victoria. Thank you to all of you who

> > for
> > your support.
> >

> > Seasons Greetings
> >
> > On behalf of all the APRS operators I wish to thank the volunteers
that
> > have
> > helped develop and maintain the VK3 APRS network over the past year.
It
> > has
> > been fun and sometimes challenging. This year we installed a new VHF
> > digi,
> > established a UHF APRS network in greater Melbourne, upgraded
SiteAlert