[OZAPRS] VK3 APRS News.....

Dion Bramich vk7ybi at yahoo.com.au
Sun Dec 24 11:33:40 EST 2006

This is looking really promising...

However, shouldn't the path for all home stations in the Mildura area be
"VK2RBX-1,WIDE2-1"?  Using ",WIDE1-1" brings up fill-in digis
unnecessarily, as fill-in's respond to "WIDE1-1"?  Using
"VK2RBX-1,WIDE1-1" is like using "VK2RBX-1,RELAY" in the old setup.  Isn't

this against the rules?

As implied by "Relay,Wide" you originally only want 2 hops, "RELAY" being

one and "WIDE" being the second?  "WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2" equates to a 3 hop
path.  "WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1" is a direct drop-in for "RELAY,WIDE".

Speaking of rules, where is a document that I can refer to on "The new VK

Path Standard"?  Maybe I have missed something?

Which alias will be used for the flood path for zoning?

Dion.