[OZAPRS] Maxon DM-2550 Carrier Detect out?

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Tue Dec 19 13:26:00 EST 2006

Hi Everybody,
I've got a Maxon DM-2550 (bought from Garry Nosworthy) which I'm about
to pair up with a WXTrak at my local club station. In the service
manual, it mentions that Pin 6 on the 9-pin connector is Carrier Detect.
But my DM-2550 doesn't seem to toggle this pin when receiving a signal.
Is there something I need to do to enable this? There is mention in the
PDF. that Power Save mode can only be used when CD isn't being used. Do
I need to reprogram my unit?
Regards,
Michael Carey
VK5ZEA