[OZAPRS] SveeSix mounting/power

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Aug 19 00:34:26 EST 2006

Hi all,

I've got the Trimble SVeeSix OEM GPS board in my car (for a few years
now) but I'm not too happy with it; it takes ages to lock. I only run it
while the car is on (accessories at least), and it resets when I start
the car.

Wonder what others are using to power it, supply the backup voltage etc?

What is the current drain ie is it feasible to run it continuously?

I'd consider building a circuit which would switch it off 24 hours after
the car was switched off; as long as I use the car every 24 hours it
would remain on.

Mine takes several minutes to lock. Maybe the backup battery is flat
also (it's a 9V). That might not help. How long does it take to lock for
others?

Thanks
Hamish