[OZAPRS] VK3FPF-9 in VK6

Mike Zwingl oe3mzc oe3mzc at oevsv.at
Thu Aug 10 23:00:15 EST 2006

Tony, dr all,
tnx fer info and help.
I receive only very few APRS signals on 30m during the day. Mostly in
afternoon there seems to be propagation to VK3,VK4...
I am very glad that VK8ZAB is doing such a wonderful service for us.
However
I also seem to suffer from HF entering the cabling from Modem to TRX,
since
antenna is mounted on ROO-bar only 1m from TRX . I will  try to block hf
with some ferite, but most time I cannot do full power (100w) but reduce
60w.
>From our travelling so far we can deduce that 30m APRS coverage of VK
would
require GATES in DARWIN, PERTH and ALICE
besides to the existing East-Coast Gates-hi
Still it is a very interesting experiment and we will love to see our
route
in the internet when we are back home in Vienna in September.
If you hear us just give us a short call in SSB on 10.147,6 for qsy.
vy 73 de Mike
VK3fpf
oe3mzc