[OZAPRS] Changes to VKAPRS-IS server configuration

Geoff VK2XJG vk2xjg at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 3 14:08:09 EST 2006

Ports 14578, 14579 and 14580 are common between the two T2AUST servers and
T2NZAA, so if you are connecting on one of these three ports you will be
able to use the rotate.aprs.net.au address without any issues.

Ports 14576 and 14577 are only configured on the two T2AUST servers.  I
don't think anybody uses 14576, so it may be deleted, but I did notice a
handful of users on 14577 - so that port will stay for now.

If you do not wish to use rotate.aprs.net.au (when it becomes available)
most clients will allow multiple servers to be defined.  If you configure
your system to use both first.aprs.net.au and second.aprs.net.au, if one
server goes down you would fail over to the second server.

Note that although first and second will soon be the same physical
machine, this is only temporary - a new 'second' machine is being
configured.

Regards,
Geoff