[OZAPRS] ZL3HB

Chris Hill chris.hill at crhtelnet.com.au
Tue Apr 25 15:08:05 EST 2006

Hi Rory and all,

Rory, can you email us the exact model of your GPS?  If you can send that
through, we'll check the manual online, and see if the output is RS-232 or
TTL?  (Almost certainly RS-232).

Can you confirm the following?

1.  The cable coming from the GPS has a DB9 Female on the end, and has
been
successfully used to view NMEA messages at 4800 N81 on a PC?

2.  The Tiny Trak unit has a DB9 Male connector on it, and was programmed
by
plugging it into the back of a PC via a null modem cable?

3.  You have the cable mentioned in point 1, above, plugged straight into
the Tiny Trak unit's DB9 Male connector?

4.  What makes you sure that the GPS isn't talking to the Tiny Trak?  Is
it
an absence of a 1 pulse per second flashing LED on the Tiny Trak?

Hopefully we can help you get it all working...  would be quite cool,
really!

73

Chris
vk6kch