[OZAPRS] Emergency Beacon received

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Wed Sep 28 23:48:51 EST 2005

At 09:37 PM 28/09/2005, you wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 08:42:17PM +1000, Richard Hoskin (VK3JFK) wrote:
> > I received an emergency beacon at about 09:35 this morning from
VK3HV-9. It
> > also registered on findu.
>
>Heard it in my car too. I wondered what the beeping was until I worked
>out it was the D700... nothing further heard though.

How did you guys find out about the beacon? My UI-view says sweet nothing
on these sorts of events and I'm thinking it's time to upgrade to
something
else. Any suggestions?

Also, my aprsd gateway is really only an incoming gateway since it doesn't

gate posits and messages out on RF unless it has heard that callsign on
RF.
So these sorts of messages and Internet-received posits aren't seen by RF
APRS users...

Is it a good idea for me to change this to provide general posit and
message data that I'm receiving from the Internet onto RF? (nobody else in

Perth is doing this). Anything better for Linux to use than aprsd?

Cheers.
73
Gavin.

---
       Gavin Rogers                     |  Amateur radio station VK6HGR
     http://www.livingwaters.com/good   |     http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
     ICQ: 17230395  MSN: VK6HGR  Skype/Email: grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au