[OZAPRS] weather stations

Peter Mudie peter at mudiefamily.org
Wed Oct 5 17:04:02 EST 2005

Hi Chris,

I use a Lacrosse WS2310, and Weather-display software.
www.mudiefamily.org
have a look at the website, it has a small table for PDAs, 1 minutely
weather, and a live flash applet that is about 10-20 seconds behind real
time updating every 10 seconds.

The WS23** weather stations are a budget model, and have poor comms
interfaces as they are designed for battery low power operation.  I bought

it from weather down under using their website they were good to deal
with.

I beefed mine up before installing it, by taking the 3V signalling it
uses,
and converting it to RS232 levels, and protecting the cable runs with
resistor/ zener diode networks.

I still get occasional comms errors on the link between the indoor unit
and
the outdoor unit.  I don't use wireless mode as its update speed is too
slow and it gets blocked by on site 70cm repeaters.

I can tell you more about how the system is set up off the list if you are

interested.

Peter.