[OZAPRS] 30m??

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Fri May 27 21:15:03 EST 2005

Hi Phil,

30mtrs works best when you are at a rough distance of between 500Km to
1500km from the base APRS Gate.

If you are closer than 500 Km 40 mtrs is better. This is a general rule of
thumb but depends a lot on HF conditions at the time.

I think there are currently 4 APRS Gates on 30 mtrs in the East of
Australia. There is noting on 40mtrs at present that I know of because
there was not demad for it. However if there is a demad for 40 mtrs I’m
happy to change my Gate from 30 to 40mtrs.

See www.aprs.net.au <http://www.aprs.net.au/>  for some general
information on HF APRS.

Cheers

Richard