[OZAPRS] How is igate messaging sposed to work ?

G T & C A Beagley beagley at xtra.co.nz
Sun Mar 20 22:04:16 EST 2005

This is more or less correct.
At my IGATE I allow only VK ZL and a few other specific prefixes (WX
stations etc) to TX to RF from Inet. Allow too many and you get swamped
with RF going out. Like you wouldn't want to gate the whole world
locally which is why I use either a ZL filtered feed port or a worldwide
feed with good filtering when the ZL feed is out of service.

Graham

ZL1GTB

Richard Hoskin wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> I think it depends on how the client IGate software is written.
>
> For UI-View a message is Txed to RF if UI-View considers the messages
> destination station 'Local'
>
> Cheers
> Richard
> VK3JFK

This outgoing message certified virus free.