[OZAPRS] IGATEs

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Wed Mar 9 01:14:29 EST 2005

I would like to throw this into the ring.

+ IGATING is generally a bad thing back to RF
+ IGATING to RF is good for messages TO mobiles (eg D700)
+ A model of RELAY,WIDE into an IGATE sounds good
+ UI-DIGI or no digi, I have seen some horrible collisions with non
ui-digi
tnc's
+ HF traffic path should be treated with respect and given the best chance
to get through
+ IGATING from RF to NET is good for satgates
+ Limited INET to RF Igate testing should be allowed but only for trying
it
out
+ The RF environment is just that for RF signals and should not be swamped
by INET to RF traffic

Comments ?

Common sense ?

Andrew VK4TEC