[OZAPRS] UI-VIEW not feeding into second.aprs.net.au:10153 ?

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sun Mar 6 17:14:34 EST 2005

second.aprs.net.au:14580

filter p/vk

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hill [mailto:chris.hill at crhtelnet.com.au]
Sent: Sunday, 6 March 2005 14:42
To: ozaprs at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au
Subject: [OZAPRS] UI-VIEW not feeding into second.aprs.net.au:10153 ?

Hi All,

After the failure of my old laptop, I have now installed UI-VIEW on a PC
which is left running 24 x 7.

I have UI-VIEW connecting to second.aprs.net.au:10153, and I can see HEAPS
of traffic from the internet.  However, things don't appear to be working
100% as expected.

Can anyone help with the following:

1.  Is there an alternative port that I can connect to, or a "Filter
string"
which I can send upon connecting, which will limit traffic from the
internet, to my system, to only those stations within (say) 6000 km radius
of Perth?

2.  Does anyone have any insights into why my station (VK6KCH) is not
appearing on the internet as a heard station (in eg
http://map.findu.com/vk6* )?

Once I get everything running again, I plan leaving my station monitoring
145.800 MHz

73 Chris VK6KCH