[OZAPRS] UI-VIEW not feeding into second.aprs.net.au:10153 ?

Merv Joyce mjoyce at bigpond.net.au
Sun Mar 6 16:41:42 EST 2005

Chris,

See my embedded comments below

Merv Joyce (VK4ZE)

-----Original Message-----
From: ozaprs-bounces at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au
[mailto:ozaprs-bounces at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au] On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Sunday, 6 March 2005 14:42
To: ozaprs at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au
Subject: [OZAPRS] UI-VIEW not feeding into second.aprs.net.au:10153 ?

Hi All,

After the failure of my old laptop, I have now installed UI-VIEW on a PC
which is left running 24 x 7.

I have UI-VIEW connecting to second.aprs.net.au:10153, and I can see
HEAPS of traffic from the internet.  However, things don't appear to be
working 100% as expected.

Can anyone help with the following:

1.  Is there an alternative port that I can connect to, or a "Filter
string" which I can send upon connecting, which will limit traffic from
the internet, to my system, to only those stations within (say) 6000 km
radius of Perth?

	Chris, try port 14579 - this will give you only VK/ZL traffic -
no filter required (VK4ZE)

2.  Does anyone have any insights into why my station (VK6KCH) is not
appearing on the internet as a heard station (in eg
http://map.findu.com/vk6* )?

	Chris, I note that your connection is flagged as "not verified"
... You need to enter your "password"
	and enable "login on connection" in UI-View. (VK4ZE)

Once I get everything running again, I plan leaving my station
monitoring 145.800 MHz

73 Chris VK6KCH