[OZAPRS] Re: [radio] ozaprs Digest, Vol 30, Issue 3

Brian Beamish bbeamish at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jul 4 09:55:40 EST 2005

Hi Alex

Interesting whilst it has been a few years now I do have a fair idea where
you are situated, you know I have many very pleasant memories of your neck
of the woods especially the walking in the cooler months in Bungonia and
Shoalhaven Gorges etc and Pot Holeling in the hot summer months in the
caves at the same location. My father had a small farm just outside
Bungonia.

Those days the SES had 5 watt 80m portables and 25 watt 80m mobiles all
Wagner if I recall with a few 27mhz, prior to CB, thrown in for good
measure, the Hams that started my interest all had big home brew valve
separate Transmitters and Receivers I had a SES transceiver at home and
another in my car thought they were just it but all a far cry from the
very small IC-706 and the like that we use these days that do far more and
with more power.

Now I am digressing eh?

73s Brian VK4BBS