[OZAPRS] How to Feed into the APRS Servers?

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Fri Feb 25 01:53:12 EST 2005

My Advice,

UI-VIEW it

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hill [mailto:chris.hill at crhtelnet.com.au]
Sent: Friday, 25 February 2005 00:22
To: ozaprs at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au
Subject: [OZAPRS] How to Feed into the APRS Servers?

Hi All,

I have a radio listening to 145.800MHz, feeding a TNC (MFJ1270), run as
RS-232 into a Windows 2000 machine that is left running 24 hours a day.

On that machine, I have the SV2AGW AGW Packet Engine (AGWPE) running.

I have successfully been using UI-VIEW on my laptop PC, connected to the
AGWPE, to gate traffic received via ISS, out to the internet APRS
servers...  until yesterday.

Yesterday, my laptop PC's fan failed, causing the PC to instantly shut
down.  Time for a new laptop, while I get a new fan assembly for the old
one.

In the meantime, I would like to configure the whole setup to be
self-contained on the Windows 2000 machine.

What would people recommend?  Should I simply download and configure
UIVIEW onto the Windows 2000 machine?  Or is there a better way?

(I also have a Fedora Core 2 server sitting in the same rack, so should
I just run aprsd instead?  Can aprsd connect to the AGWPE service?)

Any suggestions gratefully received!

73,

Chris  vk6kch