[OZAPRS] ISS/ PCSAT joint operations announcement

Richard Hoskin (VK3JFK) vk3jfk at amsat.org
Wed Feb 2 22:33:15 EST 2005

FYI

--------------------------------------

Message: 6

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:09:14 -0500

From: "Robert Bruninga" <bruninga at usna.edu>

Subject: [aprssig] ISS/ PCSAT joint operations announcement

To: <aprssig at lists.tapr.org>

Joint digipeating ops between ISS and PCsat 2-10 Feb

This was posted over on the SAREX list and I know

I am not supposed to cross post, but in case anyone

missed it.

The point here is that we will have two satellites both

supporting the identical alias of WIDE and so  you will get

not the usual 6 passes a day, but 12 or more  passes a day

on 145.825 to do a DIGIpeat QSO.  But of course success

depends on everyone SHARING the asset and NOT

transmitting too oftern.

NO OPERATIONS AFTER DARK

Also there may be a rare opportunity to do dual hops.

But again, imagine the chance of the ISS or PCsat

hearing the other one, 3000 miles away when the

145.825 channel is totally saturated with inconsiderate

stations transmitting so often that the channel is 100%

full.   a dual hop success will NEVER HAPPEN.

NO OPERATIONS AFTER DARK

THus, I hope that most of you will do like I will

do, and that is just WATCH.  See what others are

doing and get your joys by analyzing what you see

on the downlink.  Remember, HAM radio is also

fun to just monitor!  If everyone is transimtting

no one will hear anything.

Please do not send packets too often and for newcommers

NEVER ATTEMPT ANY KIND of connection.  that is the

worst possible thing to do via PCSAT or ISS.  It just jams

 the frequency with useless CONNECT, BUSY, REJECT,

and ACK packets for no good.

Both spacecraft will digipeat UI packets with the digipeater

path of WIDE.  See the downlink via K4HG's web page on:

http://pcsat.aprs.net <http://pcsat.aprs.net/>

Of course, it would be best if any ARISS satgates QSY-ed

to 145.825 for the duration of this tes so that we get better

reliability on packets getting to the WEB page above...

After 5 Feb, all it takes is ONE OVERLOAD in the

evening and it will Kill PCsat and we probably wont

get it back till next winter!  So PLEASE do not

overload her, and NO OPERAITONS AFTER DARK.

de Wb4APR, Bob

Cheers

Richard

VK3JFK