[OZAPRS] VK3 APRS News.

Richard Hoskin (VK3JFK) vk3jfk at wia.org.au
Wed Aug 10 12:10:54 EST 2005

Hi,

Fundraising for the VK3 frequency alignment project was given a major
boost
this week with a donation of $400 to the project from Amateur Radio
Victoria
(ex WIA Vic Div.)

We now have $600 of the required target of $700 to get the project
underway.

If you are able to assist and donate to the project please email me
directly.

Thank you to the Amateur Radio Victoria and all the other Amateurs who
have
provided donations for the project.

-------------------

VK3RGI Digipeater.

This digipeater has been off air for about a week.
It will remain off air for some time before we can visit the site to
repair
it.

-------------------

ISS & PCSAT2

ISS's digipeater and voice repeater are both off at the moment. A message
has been sent to mission control to see if the system can be brought back
up
but it will take some time. Packet mode is what it should come up in once
activated.

Current status for ISS is found on the www.issfanclub.com website.

PCSAT2 is sending Telemetry at 1200 & 9600 bd on 437.975Mhz. The APRS FM
digipeater will not be activated until the 56Ah batteries are fully
charged.
However the PSK repeater will be active over regions of the world that
have
PCSAT2 co-ordinators... Do we have a co-ordinator for our region?

Current status for PCSAT2 is found on the
http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/pcsat2.html website.

Cheers,
Richard
VK3JFK