[OZAPRS] GPS problems - a different tack?

Andrew McDade amcdade at iprimus.com.au
Tue Aug 9 08:41:23 EST 2005

. It was mentioned on the Tapr mailing lists some time ago that the mim
module was to become open source ? . I havent been able to locate this
anywhere. Has anyone else seen it around ? There is another one called
freetrak that I have here . Its open source and could possibly be modifed
suit your needs. Let me know if you want it and Ill email it to you, The
zip
is about 34Kb. Theres the PICE suite of programs on the Tapr website, some

of which is open sourse I think  Theres also opentrac at
http://www.opentrac.org/  I havnt really looked at this one though. There
are others such ad the DK1IN firmware that is available , but not open
source, ie. HEX file only. I recently modified this hex file so as to make

the smart beaconing timing less agressive so we could use it in our
trackers
for the last Rally here in Adelaide.This one works very similarly to the
TT2
All of these basically default to 4800 Bps serial rate. But I would guess
that it would be possible to modify the code to 9600 Bps if really
required.

73 .. Andrew .. VK5EX