[OZAPRS] HF Update.

Tony Hunt wavetel at bigpond.com
Thu Sep 23 09:44:14 EST 2004

Also the second attempt to send this email while I watch it bounce again
!!!!! GRRRRR !!! Its getting close to 24 hours old ...

Noel .. Some might consider it rude to not reply to an email..

The 40m adventures are just a test.. Ive no intention on advocating a move
to 40m .. And yes I remember your previous comments on this list and your
feelings..

As I thought I said on the outset (over a week ago now) this is only a
short
term test on 40m (2-3 weeks) .. An attempt to gain some idea of how it
works
in comparison to 30m or any other band for that matter.. I am particularly
interested in how it works under 500km .. Who knows I might actually learn
something.. Others have come up and gone after trying it out ..

After all Ive been playing about on 30m quite alot in the last few
months..
I  even ran a gateway for 6 weeks while Andrew motored about in the NW in
VK6..

Perhaps next time I will keep it all a secret and setup a gateway on an
obscure frequency (not the APRS 40m channel) so as not to get noticed too
much.. That way I will only upset the PSK or CW operators and not the APRS
operators..

As regards VK6 .. We cant seem to get much interest from over there on HF
30m but with the sort of distances involved it certainly would be better
on
30m than 40m.. The Alice Springs gateway concept is the one that comes to
mind again..

73 Tony VK5AH  Rebel 40m APRS operator