[OZAPRS] SPAM: 40m gateway operations

Tony Hunt wavetel at bigpond.com
Mon Sep 20 13:00:26 EST 2004

Just a breif comment on the 40m operations.. Its proved to be a worthwhile
test so far ..

Ive heard ZL3RX-4 Gate on numerous occasions after sundown
Ive been gated in by ZL2UCX-1 off HF to the net as well
Ive driven around town in the mobile on 40m APRS and noticed some
interesting propagation effects even at short range
Ive heard a few others and the gateway gates them like. VK5EX-15 VK5ATN-1
VK3UAJ-15

>From the Mobile UI-View32 on 40m I can reliably send messages to and fro
Terry VK5ATN-1 on 40m which is about 85km .. This didnt work on 30m or
rarely. Not entirely unexpected results really..

The noise levels are another thing on 40m though..

Today I am going for a longer drive into the Barossa for a Job so that too
shall be interesting to Log.

I will leave it running on there for a while yet..

Tony Hunt Vk5AH