[OZAPRS] 30m APRS in VK4 VK2

Tony Hunt wavetel at bigpond.com
Mon Sep 13 19:32:01 EST 2004

Thanks to all those who came up and chatted breifly on 30m while we were
driving on hols to VK4 and through VK2.. The Tiny Trak 3 worked very well
on
30m. I was very happy. I ran about 50w out into a Terlin multitap
antenna..

Ive certainly learned alot about 30m and the propagation on there in
recent
times. Until I started playing APRS on HF my only experience on 30m was
about 12 years ago on Phone ..

I am shortly about to carry out some tests on 40m APRS for those who are
interested.. I though 3BYD and 3UAJ might like to see whats possible on
there as I will run a Gate on there for a couple of weeks..

73 for now and more to follow on the 40m experiments
Tony VK5AH