[OZAPRS] 80m Heard

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Tue Oct 5 10:28:32 EST 2004

Last night (monday)  I heard VK7s  KVB HSE-4 and HSE

I got 2 messages from Scott ok.. One at 20:34 and one at 23:26 local.
Ive tried to send messages back to Scott but never seem to get a ACK .
Interestingly I have Uiview set up to send retry on heard and I thought
perhaps
I may get an ACK back in the small hours but nothing. Perhaps my path or
his
path are setup
wrongly to get the ACKs back or the message through.

The path I have through my GATE is translated onto HF as
VK5AH-4*,GATE,WIDE2-2 which I thought might make it through.

I will be running the Gate on 40m during the daylight hours. Still
fiddling
in the mobile on 40m with the Tiny Track and the laptop.  Still expecting
Andrew 5EX may be heading back to VK5 and may switch to 40m again. The 30m
coverage up there seems to have been quite good. I also had an interesting
time the other day passing messages to and from the VHF and Internet
stations via HF particularly 3WRM-4 where I was getting ACKs back the
other
day in less than 10 seconds..

Tony Hunt  VK5AH