[OZAPRS] 80m on thursday night

vk7hse at southcom.com.au vk7hse at southcom.com.au
Fri Oct 1 14:54:37 EST 2004

  Hi Tony... & others on the list...

  Yes last night was a little better from my end. Your signal (VK5AH) was
20+ over 9 and of course stronger than the fax station (S-7)

I tried listening on 3.626.910 lsb to see if this would improve the
reception but it was about the same rate of decoding either way except
that
on lsb the fax wasn't present but of course the noise was!

  Problem being is that I can't TX on the higher frequency (3.626.910 lsb)

as this puts me out of band! (Novice's cut off at 3.625 MHz) Hmm might
have
to set up a split so that I'll TX on 3.622.490 USB but RX on 3.626.910 LSB

I'll give that a go for tonight! and see what happens...

  I have been notching the fax station out with the DSP in the FT-847
however I think that this may affect the RX tones slightly.

  73 de VK7HSE Scott Evans