[OZAPRS] 80m on thursday night

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Fri Oct 1 08:07:22 EST 2004

Just a couple of notes on 80m last night..

I went mobile last night so changed the antenna and radio over from 40m to
80m as the gear was allready setup..

I copied on 80m in the mobile VK7HIL 7HIL-2 7HIL-9 7HSE 7HSE-4 7HSE-9 ..

I copied less stations at home on the PK232 running the gateway .. It may
be
either the fact that the noise where I had the mobile parked was less or
the
sound card was better in the mobile on 80m than the PK232..

I didnt run much power from the mobile but here was the setup

Both home and mobile are Kenwood TS680s.
Home dipole antenna and PK232 running 50w output
Mobile Terlin whip and P100 laptop running Uiview32 and soundcard. I also
had the Tiny Trak VK5AH-15 beaconing on there via ECHO which would have
digied via the Gateway at home.

I also sent out a short test message to 7HSE-4 from home which would have
retried on heard all night but I never got a ACK back..

I did get a test message on Uiview at home at about 20:02 local from Scott
and this also translated out to the D700 in the mobile..

Tonight I wont get a chance to change over to 80m till late.. Over to 40m
again now for the day.. Looks like Andrew 5EX is on 30m yesterday.. I have
not heard him on 40m for a couple of days..

Tony  Hunt VK5AH